Go Live Status Report
Pyxis Override is now resolved!
Pyxis Override, the only issue to make the Wave 4 Top 10 escalation list, has been resolved. This was achieved in half the time as in Wave 3.
97% Leapfrog Barcode Scanning Compliance!
We reached 97% Leapfrog Barcode Scanning Compliance for every inpatient site in Wave 4. This is a major accomplishment and a job well done for RWJBarnabas Health.
Highlight E-Consent workflow and information
Only Performing Providers May Sign Provider E-Consents
More than just signing a form, the process of informed consent underscores the relationship between the patient and the provider.
A patient or proxy MUST fully understand the nature of the treatment, risks, benefits, and alternatives before they consent.
Tips for obtaining Informed Consent with Epic
- Electronic consents (E-Consents) offer the best ability to achieve zero instances of missing/incomplete consents.
- Required when the consent is obtained on hospital grounds.
- Benefits include Electronic Time Out Checklist, Standardization, Decision Support, and Inter-Disciplinary Integration.
- Open a Case Request: E-Consents are immediately available aer entering a Case Request order and thus do not need to wait for booking and scheduling.
- For elective procedures, an ideal place to obtain informed consent is a quiet office before hospitalization. In this instance, consent can be on paper and scanned into Epic hyperspace (pending Ambulatory E-Consent workflows).