Managers and Leaders Huddle Topics
Ambulatory Huddle Topics:
- Solarity – The scanning platform change began in March and will finalize mid-May.
- If you need to complete Solarity Web-Based Training, it is assigned to you in Epic Training / Symplr now.
Inpatient Huddle Topics:
- Wave 4 Inpatient Nursing: Admission – Home Medication Review is a priority
- Discharge AVS – Do NOT send a patient home without a Discharge AVS
- Review the Sepsis Best Practice Advisory (BPA) updates
Proper Use of Secure Chat
Nurses – Please Call Providers, Including Residents, for Critical Values and Changes of Status:
- Urgent patient safety items must be communicated via a telephone call to ensure timely receipt of the message.
- Please do NOT send urgent patient safety messages using Secure Chat.
- Contact the provider directly for clarification of orders within your scope.
- Please re-enforce with all users to use Secure Chat appropriately!
- Avoid the use of Secure Chat during night hours for non-sensitive communications.
Inpatient Nursing: Admission Home Medication Review Is a Priority.
- While Admission Medication Reconciliation is a provider’s responsibility, nursing is required to support the efficient completion of the home medication review in this important documentation.
- The Home Medication Review process is important because it:
- Ensures that all home medications are available to the provider to continue in the hospital if appropriate.
- Ensures that when the patient is discharged, all necessary home medications will be available to be continued and/or prescribed as needed, even if they were not administered in the hospital.